Wednesday, August 29, 2007

random update

Philippines welcomed me with rain.

And more rain.

And more rain.

I wish I had taken photos of the rain, just for effect. But it was so dampening on my mood that I just sat in Eush's very green house, watched Heroes and A Fish Called Wanda, played with her adorable dogs, and slept A LOT.

Thankfully, Manila decided to reward me with somewhat good weather. At least it wasn't raining. And I got to see Steph!!!!! :D

We went on a tour by Carlos Celdran, a celebrity (by Stephanie's standards). For more information go to http://celdrantours.blogspot.com/. It was an extremely good tour. Carlos managed to keep ADD me entertained for the hour he took us through the history of Manila, from the Spanish occupation up to present day. I even got to try ChocNut!

Steph also took me on a wild tour of Manila's shopping malls. I now know Bench, SM, Greenhills, the Surplus Store.. but Greenhills is my personal favorite :)

Chinatown was also on the menu. On the way there, we passed by this slum area with the amazing sight of children and dogs playing on roofs.

I don't think the Philippine government would like this on their tourism website.

Random cat in Chinatown.

Also.. lots of food. Steph stuffed and stuffed me with food. I had the super value meal set at Jollibee, halo-halo at Chow King, but did not have balut. Sigh. How could I have missed it! To be fair, Eush's dad got it when he was at the bus stop, but after an entire day of coconut-flavored food, I really couldn't stomach another local delicacy.

Jolliebee is more popular than McD in Philippines.

The Filipinos love their pork!

All too soon, my trip ended.. and I headed back to Malaysia. Whew. Whereupon the sun is shining in Philippines again....

*A distinct lack of photos in this entry. Wasn't in the mood to take photos when I was in the Philippines. Regret it now though :(

1 comment:

SzerLik said...

hello
i forgot to visit your blog for quite some time
but seems like you do not update it often anyway haha
update more!!! i'll be your loyal reader ;)
i'm sure Philippine has more nicer local food than fast food though...