Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Bumming = bliss?

View of Gunung Kinabalu

Have been neglecting this of late. Things have been happening at such a fast rate that I can hardly record it all down fast enough (very convenient excuse for a lazy bum like me).

Am currently in Sabah. Kota Kinabalu has changed a lot since 3 years ago when I visited. It's still pretty laid back, but there are more buildings coming up. And... malls -_-. Yes I do not know what is it about Asians and malls, so shush! :P

Got to KK on Sunday, and went to eat this wonderful fish noodles. HUGE serving. Was absolutely stuffed when I finished, but then my brother of course had to go buy some super famous and crispy pisang goreng. Hmmmm.. I think that just set the trend for my stay so far.

Fish noodles

Went to Kudat to the tip of Borneo. Slept most of the way, got there in time for the last rays of the sunset. Tip of Borneo

This is what I don't get in Ohio.

Seafood dinner followed, where brother commented on my increased appetite. What, so I've decided to stop obsessing about my weight -_-. Or so I say until I step on the scale again.

Kudat's a small, quiet town. Nothing much really. Good training ground for me to practice driving a manual (stick We took a relaxing drive back home, went to the Rungus longhouse, honey-collecting village, and the gong-making village. Quite a different thing for this little city-girl eh o_0.
I want that little wagon!

Rungus Longhouse. Stay there for RM 50/night!
Gongs. Perfect for announcing the arrival of guests or the serving of dinner.

On the way home, we stoppped by different food stalls. Pity I didn't take more photos of it (didn't want to act more touristy than I already was). Had jagung bakar (yes even though I loathe eating it in Ohio usually), kelapa bakar, puding kelapa, honey straight from the comb. Haha. Apparently it's all bakar 'cos roadside stalls have no running water. Haha.

Sinfully sweet honey, straight from the combs.

Coconut pudding! and in a genuine coconut too :P

Kelapa bakar. It basically tastes like warm coconut juice. An acquired taste indeed.

Scuba diving tomorrow! Yay.

1 comment:

KK said...

Heyya!! Back in Penang?? haven't heard from u for long...
U must have had fun in Sabah...when r u going back to study??