Sunday, February 25, 2007

'chick' siu bao....


My virgin blog! *gasp* I've finally succumbed and decided to set up a blog full of mindless entries about my life.

Positive blog of the day is.. my 'chick' siu bao! Since I didn't have pork, I made 'char siew' with chicken instead. It took me 3 and a half hours to actually prepare all the ingredients for the pao, thus giving me a new appreciation for the 70 cent paos I can get by the roadsides in Malaysia -_-.

Negative blog of the day is.. this has resulted in me eating even more :( Definitely not good, especially when I'm a staggering XX kg now (ask me privately heh) and I really should start exercising more! Still.. who can resist freshly steamed paos, especially when they're made from scratch?

I feel like I've reached a turning point in my life. All the crap that has happened to me last 3 weeks.. I'm determined to set it right. No more self-pity! Have indulged in that a little too much already...

People reading this- I hope you guys leave comments and stuff, cos I 've realized I've lost touch with so many of you, and I really don't want to do that.. so.. I would LOVE to hear from you.

PS: I know the pao looks a little disgusting.. but hey when you're desperate.. anything works :P

10 comments:

eternalstudent said...

Dubious paos. V. dubious. :P Bloggies are great for disclosure and laments of all sorts! Update soon! xox BTW, when are you coming to London!?

Pisces dee CloUd said...

hihi...nah, i got leave a comment ar...haha...i think ur siu pao nid to improve lah..haha...i din eat, so i duno how abt the tase but 1 think i can sure tat is the 'look'...hahaha...but as ur fren , i sure ll support u de, if u give me, i ll eat till finished.haha...hope u can oways update ur blog lah,let us know how is ur life at there ar...take carelah...

Gho-st said...

well... for a beginner... at least your pow was still recognisable as a pow haha!

70cent roadside pow not available anymore, in Sabah it costs 1.30ringgit!!

Ime said...

Hi dear! Welcome to the blogging world!
Your paos dont look too bad;-)
Guess what, I was in Penang with Meenu over the CNY break. Just got back to KL yesterday.
How's your arm btw? I hope its healing well.
We're going in to Sem5 tomorrow:-( (dont know how that happened! I feel like i've slept through a few semesters!)It doesnt seem that long ago when all of us were in C-25-1.
Looking forward to more blog posts:-)
Cheers
Imi

Unknown said...

Hi Dear! Finally you have succumbed to peer pressure and created a blog! Don't worry i'm sure your blog will be a hit! More photos of yourself and less of your food creations please!

Unknown said...

joJo~!!!!missed uuuuuuuu~!!!hehehe hmm i think those paos r not bad really.at least u can make em!n eat em~ hahaha..how ruuuuuuuuuuu~~?hope to hear frm u soon gurl=) take care~~

billygal said...

*heart* to everybody who left a comment! :):) be prepared for my emo rantings though.. Winter does not have a good effect on my moods, and I'm liable to take it out here :P

KK said...

Hello~!! Thought i would never hear from u anymore..haha...doing fine here...juniors are coming in already...preparing for the orientation..woahaha..i'm the nex orientation president...so u know wat i'm up to..hehe...take care yea~!! c ya~!

~Shadow~ said...

wow, the girl that refuse to give in to blogging now blogs... lol... anyway... hope u r fine there and don't get too emo lor... take care my dear friend... hope to get more updates from you soon...

KenT said...

hi

hey orientation for M107 is this week.
the gang n i participated in the treasure hunt as SMs
walaueh!! it was fun
a lot of moaning and groaning!!
wish u were here...
kinda reminds me of old times
^^ hehe
neway got some left over paos for me?

haha TC