Monday, June 18, 2007

home = food :D

Three weeks has passed. Two weeks since my botched surgery, and the screwdriver is STILL NOT HERE. I am getting thoroughly sick of how this piece of hardware is ruling my life. Am going to give a USPS a call today.

Why didn't they send my screwdriver via UPS?! :(

Three weeks of gastronomical adventures. I have been snapping photos of everything I eat, and places I go, much to the amusement of my friends and family.

Things I lust for in college...Char Siew Pau
Teh Tarik!


Sesame balls for Caitlin, Saki and Eush

Beef Murtabak, Tandoori Chicken

Fried noodles, Lor Bak, Or Kuih, Bai Tang Gao, Lemon Tart, Yam Duck, Spring Rolls - Typical Chinese family celebration spread

It seems as though I have a much greater appreciation for all things Malaysian now that I've been away for awhile. Obviously, there is no comparison to the food-Malaysian food will always hold the #1 spot in my heart.

But even my greedy soul agrees that it's so much more than that. A friend of mine claims that Asian countries 'smell' different than Western countries. While I don't have quite as sensitive a sense of smell yet, I suppose there is some truth to that. It's just..different. The sights, the smells, the people, the sounds.

Gurney Drive - sadly they're reclaiming it to make more land


Uncle reading newspapers at dim sum place


Ahh.. the biscuits! (yes we call them biscuits not cookies)

This time home I've been rather confined to the house. Partly because all my friends are working, partly because I'm just lazy to step out of the house, partly because I haven't sat around and done nothing for awhile, so I'm stocking up on that experience before charging on for the next few years.

Must... be.... productive. I swear I will.. just gimme a few more days :P





1 comment:

Zhi Jun said...

I swear I'll hit you virtually if you put another picture of char siew pao or any other pao existing in this planet, because of your lovely scrumptious pic from the 1st blog I've been on a 'pao hunt' for the last few weeks and it has become one of the main courses of my meals recently, much to the astonisment of people around -_-